Small Business Accountancy Services
Baxterworld are Charted Management Accountants, which is different from a typical high street accountant. Our speciality is monthly management accounts, a service that large companies with finance departments typically employ. This is because the regularity of monthly accountancy services allow business owners to test new products or marketing strategies more freely, as they have very quick financial feedback. We believe this type of insight is incredibly important, because it makes business management quick to react and easier to forecast.
The security that is created from this type of accountancy service is something we have always advocated for small businesses and start ups, who are often the most vulnerable to change. This is now a much more affordable service thanks to cloud technology and smart devices.
Management accounting is where our heart is, but we also provide the usual list of small business accountancy services
Please expand the headings to read a little more about the services we provide:
- Entering supplier invoices
- Arranging the approval of invoices including GRN matching
- Paying suppliers by BACS or online payments
- Entering supplier payments
- Reconciling supplier balances with statements
- Storing documentation in digital form
- Ensuring easy Client access to all purchase records.
- Providing easy ways to raise an invoice
- Recording and matching payments from customers
- Chasing customers for payment
- Downloading transactions from the Bank’s systems
- Posting receipts and payments to the ledger
- Reconciling records with the bank, the basic check.
- Preparing and filing the VAT return
- Advising on foreign VAT and reclaiming EC input VAT
- Paying and reclaiming VAT on imports.
- Handling Revenue inspections on your behalf
- Collecting time and attendance information from online systems.
- Preparing wage payments for (1 to 1000 employees).
- Making payslips available to staff online (3 years).
- Dealing with staff pay queries.
- Paying overseas staff.
- Handling PAYE and Minimum Wage inspections on your behalf.
- Company tax returns.
- Personal tax returns.
- Tax planning – arranging your affairs to pay the minimum tax.
- Handling tax enquiries on your behalf.
- Weekly reports on your Key Performance Indicators
- Monthly Profit and Loss Account
- Monthly balance sheet and Cash Flow reports
- Departmental accounts and multi-company consolidations.
- Compare the performance of different venues side-by-side
- Preparing operating budgets and forecasts.
- Preparing forecasts to raise finance.
- Cash flow planning for Projects.
- QuickBooks Training
- Training for Cloud applications – Xero, Vend, Payroo, and BreatheHR.
- Modernising back office systems and improving value for money.
- Free Presentations to Business Groups on Cloud systems for SMEs.
- Attending Board Meetings
- Forensic Accounting – reports for the Courts.
- Treasury and currency management and advice.
Outsourcing and Integrated Administration
Cloud based software has changed the way people do business and we’ve stayed at the forefront of this change. Many of your back office tasks, from bookkeeping to stock control, can be feeding each other information. We make a point of integrating our workflow into your business to keep efficiency high and costs low.
Thanks to cloud software we provide our services remotely all over the UK, Ireland and as far as the Netherlands. We can link up to your EPOS systems, host payroll and HR services online, utilise electronic invoicing and sync with ebanking. You really don’t need an on site office at all. We can provide you with some or all of these functions; our services are tailored to your needs. It’s the perfect small business accountancy solution.
Outsourced Finance Department
We provide an integrated accounts and admin service that gives small businesses the benefit of a finance department for a fraction of the cost. It gives the advantages of our management accounts service while also streamlining your administration. It even helps you go paperless!
Our Speciality Industries
Baxterworld have been providing small business accountancy services for over the 30 years and in that time it has worked in many different industry sectors. There are two of these industries in particular that we have gained a significant expertise in. If you are involved in either hospitality or charity, click the buttons below to learn find out more about how Baxterworld can help you.